Saturday, January 16, 2010

Stitchin' Up A Storm

I sure didn't mean to neglect my blog, but I have been
so busy stitching up orders and trying to get 
done the new offerings I needed to 
post to TDIPT Mercantile this past Friday.

All got finished and were well received on the merc : )
  Here's all the things I've been stitching. 




BBD Strawberries with green wool tops and filled with
crushed walnut shells.



Another BBD called Sweet Heart.  This  pillow is 
stitched on36 ct R & R linen.  Just lovely 
to work on.  It's stitched with
overdyed  floss and stuffed with sawdust.





I was on a BBD roll :D.  This little box was stitched with
willow green linen.   I also used overdyed floss and
trimmed it with vintage chenille trim.

The patten originally said Noel, but I changed it to 
Be Mine, so it could be for Valentine's Day.  I love how this
turned out.  I used an old love letter to line the inside of the
box and stitched up a wool acorn as an added surprise.



This hanging pinkeep is my adaptation of an
E&E&F design. I didn't care for the saying so I 
changed it to a simple Be Mine with the 
date of Fed 14, 1890. It's stitched on a 
dark khaki linen and stuffed with
sawdust.  It's pretty big too, 10 X 4.



Finally, I just finished this cupboard hanger.  It's from a 
design by Brenda Keyes.  Also done with overdyed 
floss on natural linen and has a homespun hanger.
I haven't listed this yet.  It looks so cute hanging
on my stepback cupboard, that I'm not sure I 
want to give it up.


Well, I hope this makes up for being away from my blog for
so long.  Hope you enjoy the photos of my stitchings.
Warm wishes to you all and as always, happy stitching.
~Nan


15 comments:

Aunt Polly's Attic said...

Absolutely gorgeous work! I love each and every one.

Teresa

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

Nan as always your work is wonderful..:>)

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

They are all gorgeous, Nan!

bayrayschild said...

Nan, every piece you make is just so perfect!

If only I had the eyes and the patience. I'm still working on a piece from several years ago!

I absolutely LOVE your work!

Audrey

Cassie Shella said...

Wow you've been busy! Your needlework looks wonderful. How do you see when using 36 count linen? Lately I have found I have a hard time seeing anything over a 28 count!

Sweet Sue said...

All very beautiful! My Joyeux Noel just arrived and of course I'm thrilled:)

Nan ~ Threadwork Primitives said...

I always love to read your comments. Thanks you all for the complements, especially coming from such talented women. I have been blessed with the kind of eyesight you need for stitching. I'm nearsighted :) I do believe the new BBD booklet, Joyeaux Noel, is one of their best yet and highly recommend it for any cross stitcher.

staci said...

You stitch the loveliest things...and your finishing is absolutely flawless! Well done!!!

Robby said...

spectacular as always!!!! This is funny...my word verification is allon...almost ellon!!!

xxxRobby

•♦•©The Olde Weeping Cedar •♦• said...

WOW these are ALL so pretty! Beautifully done!

Melissa said...

Beautiful work Nan!

Patti said...

Oh my goodness gracious! You've certainly been busy!

Each and everyone is lovely! can't wait to see what you stitch up next :)

Blessings, Patti

Annemarie said...

Nan, what a beautiful blog you have. Truly a great place to visit. I love your finishes and recently did a BBD strawberry myself. They're so much fun, aren't they?

The Crackling Crows Banners said...

Nan the strawberries are adoreable :) Nice work!!!
Smiles Ivonne

NIKY said...

I LOVE all of your works, your wild strawberries are gorgeous.