Saturday, May 28, 2011

Happy Memorial Day !

First, I want to wish everyone a safe and happy Memorial Day.
So far it is turning out to be a beautiful weekend.  We spent the day getting the deck all ready for a BBQ.  Cleaned and set up all the outdoor furniture and rugs.  It's looking like summer.
* * * * * *

I also wanted to show you something I just finished stitching.  It's a bit different.
I won this fun fabric on Ebay and this new pattern idea came to mind.  This linen band is about 8" X 18".  It's all done in Turkish Red floss and I'm thinking it may make a nice long pillow.
It was fun to play around with this fabric.  Wish I could find more of it, but it seems no one has anything like it.
Let me know your thoughts.  I love to hear your comments !
~Nan

12 comments:

marly said...

I like it! Never saw anything like that for stitching. The design is perfect for it.

sana said...

Wonderful linen. The design of the stitch is beautiful!!
I like it!

nathalie-poppy said...

Hi !!!!!!
I love those little crowns and the letters !!!!
Very beautiful !!!
Have a nnice day !!

Michelle said...

Its lovely never seen fabric like that before. Enjoy your weekend x

Mouse said...

that's cute on there but I haven't seen anything like it before either ... love mouse xx

The Crackling Crows Banners said...

Very beautiful Nan...love the material! Happy Memorial Day to you too...we are getting ready to go to the beach :)

Nan said...

Your piece would make a great pillow. I don't think I've seen fabric like it either. It reminds me of an old tea towel I might find in my grandma's house. :-)
Happy Memorial Day!

Dora said...

The crowns and lettering are so nice, works well with this piece of linen.

Daffycat said...

This is wonderful! I can't wait to see your completed finish!

Joy said...

What a nice fabric...design is perfect. Hope you find more. Enjoy your weekend.

GoldieLoo Woodworks said...

Love this Nan and love the one in your new banner. Amazing work and details. Hugs~~Pam

Bonnie said...

Love the crown pattern & fabric. What a great find! I'm an e-bay fanatic. It's putting something together unexpectedly that makes it great.