Monday, October 3, 2011

Sunday Stitching

It's been quite chilly
and very Fall like in Philadelphia 
these past few days.
Good stitching weather : )
Hubby and I watched the Eagles
game yesterday and I made sure
to have needle in hand for those
3 or so hours. 
I am, of course, still in 
Halloween/Fall mode, so 
I put together this wool pumpkin
pincushion and trimmed it in
with some yummy cinnamon chenille 
from
 I'm very much drawn to the 
chocolate browns,
rusts, and dark mustards at
this time of year.
* * * * *
I also began work on a new Fall inspired
alphabet sampler that I hope to 
attach to a wooden hornbook.
It will be full of all the things
that are reminiscent of Autumn.
Got to get ready for TDIPT.
It comes around so fast and
I want to have a few things to
offer this month.
* * * * * 
Hope you are enjoying some Fall
like weather where you are!
Happy Stitching.
~Nan

14 comments:

Maria said...

lovely project ^_^
ciao Maria

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

How very sweet is this!! I find myself drawn to these colors as well during this time of year!
I love how you added the chenille trim too, and the printed fabric is gorgeous....love it!!
Blessings and happy stitching~~
Julie

Janet - underthewillow said...

I love these colors too...so much so that every autumn I wonder why I don't have at least one entire room done in these very same colors!...love love the projects you've got going!

Janet

Rock River Stitches said...

Love your little pumpkin pincushion!!!

Tammy

Theresa said...

Love the new sampler I hope you'll make it into a pattern. :0)

Michelle said...

Lovely designs xx

Carla said...

Love your Fall sampler, Nan!

Dora said...

The fall alphabet sampler is lovely!

Angi at drakestone primitives country cabin said...

OH MY I just love the liitle pumpkin pinkeep..plain gorgeous..♥

Karen said...

Love your pincushion! Looks like your new design will be a good one too....

happy stitching....

Joy said...

Nan, I absolutely love the pumpkin pin cushion! Can't wait to see your Fall sampler.

marly said...

I've seen several pumpkin pincushions and need to check for a pattern because I WANT ONE!!!!

Elena - Gatti e Crocette said...

I love these nicely pumpkins, congrats!
Hugs Elena

nathalie-poppy said...

GORGEOUS colours for a beautiful sampler !!!!
Hugs !!!