Thursday, April 16, 2015

Recycle:)

I love prims and antiques and love it even better when I can find a way to add cross stitch to the pieces I find.  While antiquing awhile back I found this wonderful glass washboard.  I looked through my designs and thought I'd use the bottom motifs from my
 "Love for Labors All" design.  Changed up the colors and added a date....
Mounted and laced it onto some cardboard with batting and popped it in the top of the washboard.  Trimmed it with my stained vintage chenille around the edge.
This was fun and my first time doing this finish.  I'll be on the lookout for more washboards when I'm out junking with my buddies:)


Hope you have had a creative day my friends!  
Smiles, ~Nan

9 comments:

Unknown said...

oh that is lovely :) I never find wash boards in the UK :( and it would be used for its original purpose as i'm hand washing everything atm because our washing machine died :( typical haha :) xx

Mouse said...

oooooo fab idea ... never find them over here unless you want to pay oodles of pennies :) love mouse xxxxx

Robin in Virginia said...

What a great way to repurpose the old washboard! Go Nan!

Robin in Virginia

linda said...

Beautiful finish Nan! I love washboards!

denise said...

:-)

Three Sheep Studio said...

Nan, this is so lovely and very clever !
Rose

moosecraft said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love it!

Krista said...

So very creative! Love it! What color did you use for the flowers, looks purple-y :)

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

I've been seeing these done up with punch needle designs ~ I love the way yours turned out with the cross stitched piece! So creative you are!
Blessings
Robin